iPhone gets put into "Recovery Mode" or goes to "Apple Logo" when syncing with iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by w3cum, Mar 4, 2009.

1. w3cum macrumors regular

ok here is an odd one... and the Genius Bar at the Apple store could NOT help... I spent the evening with them......

Starting about 3 days ago, when I plug my iPhone into my laptop running XP the phone screen will either go to the black screen and white Apple Logo and lock up untill I unplug the phone and then it restarts, OR the phone gets put into recovery mode.... and then I cant use my laptop to restore the phone and I have to go to the Apple store for them to restore the phone.

I have uninstalled iTunes and reinstalled it... the USB cable has been replaced... the Diagnostic has run and everything passed....

The only common thing I can come up with is that this happens more often when the iphone is moving pictures over to my computer when it firsts connects.... and then it is only sometimes that this happens...

So... Any thoughts????

2. w3cum thread starter macrumors regular

interesting.... guess I am the only one having this issue....