iPhone gets really hot and battery gets used while in standby...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Leet Apple, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Leet Apple macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

Well this week i have seen significant drops in the batteries endurance, this has never happened to me my iPhone has always last hours on end without problems. Also today i had it in my pocket in stand-by and the battery went from 100% to 15% within 3 hours and was very hot.

My Apple Warranty expires in June, and i had a Rogers iPhone and i'm with Fido so if they give me a 3.1.3 iPhone i'm screwed :( ANYONE KNOW WHATS WRONG WITH MY BABY:(

P.S. I don't have my iPhone's recipt it was a birthday gift

EDIT: For Apps that have notifications are

Ebuddy Pro
    Words with Friends
    Racing Live

and i had internet tethering on while i wasn't tethering don't know if that could be a problem

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Your battery may be going bad. If they can give you a new battery inside the phone you have, you'll be okay. If they give you a new iPhone, you won't be okay, of course.

I doubt you need a receipt, since they can go by the serial number to determine your warranty coverage.

3. Leet Apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

I will restore it later on in the week, till then turning off push and deleteing my email off my iPhone

LETS SEE HOW THIS GOES :(