iPhone gets stuck in phone screen, any ideas?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by automatickyle, Oct 4, 2008.

1. automatickyle macrumors regular

Ive restored my phone and still am running into this problem. When I am in certain applications such as text, calender I will press down the home button and it won't return to the home screen. After pressing the home button again it will jump to the phone screen. It's as if it thought it was at the home screen originally except at this point I can press the home screen over and over and it will not leave the phone screen. The only way to return the phone to normal is to do a soft reset. This is happening about 2 to 3 times a day. Is anyone having this issue and if so is it software related or something I need to go get checked out by the genius?

2. Macisgr8 macrumors member

If you already restored it get it checked by a genius.

3. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

That's weird, the same thing occasionally happens on both my iPhones, only instead of "phone", I will be in any application and i will hit the home button only once and it will go to "iPod" and i have to soft reset to get out of it.:eek:

4. automatickyle thread starter macrumors regular

Just wanted to bump this to update and see if anyone has experienced anything. After posting the original thread, I took my phone into the genius and he did a hardware check. Everything came out good, but he also restored it for me to see if that did the trick. I have not experienced it as frequent, but I am noticing it is happening every couple of days.

5. nhaque macrumors member

i just had the exact same thing today, I was sorting contacts then wanted to go back to the home screen, but the problem came up, i thought the phone freezes but no the tabs worked ok, then I had to do a soft reset, then it works. Don't know what's the problem is, but im worrying

6. sandkicks macrumors member

same thing happened to me today. pissed me off.

7. automatickyle thread starter macrumors regular

I have started to have this problem again and wanted to know if anyone else is still having this issue occur and if so have you found a solution or even the cause of it. I haven't contacted Apple yet, but now that it is happening about once a day I will be contacting them soon.

Could it be an impartial connection with the home button to the device by any chance?

8. tsice19 macrumors 6502a

tsice19

If restoring and rebooting doesn't help, then it's obviously an issue. If you can demonstrate it every time to a genius, then they had better not have a problem giving you a new one.

9. automatickyle thread starter macrumors regular

It's an issue that's tough to know exactly how to produce it. It just happens; therefore, I will have trouble reproducing it for the genius. It happens an average of once a day, but I can make an appointment and sit there using the the phone until it happens.

10. Col127 macrumors 6502

i get this problem too. i was at an apple store and the genius looked at my safari and saw i had a lot of windows opened... he said it was a caching issue, so i closed all the windows i had open.... no dice. still had my phone get stuck at the phone screen too.

i wonder if they can just replace it for me - didn't seem like a "good enough" reason for it.

11. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

Do a DFU restore and set up as new iphone. Thats as close to new as the software will get. IF you have problems after that then take it in.