Iphone Gets Switched Off And Restarts Only After Restore

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by truthful.liar, Aug 17, 2011.

1. truthful.liar macrumors newbie

I bought an used Iphone 3G currently on 4.2.1 factory unlocked. It worked well for around 10-15 days. Thereafter it started getting switched off randomly when in pocket or placed elsewhere even with almost fully charged battery. It wont restart even after connecting to the charger. When connected to Itunes, It detects Iphone in recovery mode and asks to restore it. But if you dont connect it to Itunes and leave it in same switched off condition for a day or 2, and then try to charge, It starts getting charged with battery totally drained off. I know its not a battery issue since sometimes it works realy great and the battery charge lasts for a full day which is decent enuff with my Usage. I tried searching a lot but never across such a problem. Would be great if someone can help me out with this

2. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Put it in DFU mode and restore to 4.2.1. If it's factory unlocked it won't matter.

3. truthful.liar thread starter macrumors newbie

@ Awadee i already did that several times. But it wont work. I mean it does start by doing so....But again same problem happens.....Sometimes within 3-4 hours of DFU restore. So kinda not possible to restore it every 3-4 hours