iPhone getting screwed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by i0Nic, Sep 9, 2008.

1. i0Nic macrumors 65816

Cool new In-ear headphones with dual drivers and mic/improved controls..WOW sounds awesome! Would be great with my brand new 3G iPhone..

NOT COMPATIBLE

Ohh Nike+ app for the iPod touch, that's cool I'm sure it's coming to the iPh..

NO! IT'S NOT!

What the hell Apple?

What the hell? Why does it feel like I am getting SCREWED? There is no reason for these two products not to work with the iPhone.

2. michael31986 macrumors 68030

3. Joe23 macrumors 6502

Before you know it, the iPod touch will also have phone capabilities; but of course, not tied to any of those silly mobile contracts!

4. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

Unless you can open up the iPhone and install the Nike+ adapter, then forget about it -- this is a hardware enhancement, not software.

5. voxnj macrumors regular

Don't whine. If youre upset, move to Alaska; get paid $1200 from the state taxes on oil consumed in the lower 48 states; and buy any gadget you desire!

6. aristobrat macrumors G4

Why would you want the pedometer version of the Nike+ (that the touch gets) when they could write a much, much, much more accurate Nike+ for the iPhone that uses GPS?

7. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

They have to give some exclusives to the iPod Touch over the iPhone. Considering they cost the same price (without factoring the iPhone contract) the iPod's probably are seeing their sales drop a bit since you can get the iPod Touch with phone abilities for the same price (again, not factoring the iPhone contract.)

8. i0Nic thread starter macrumors 65816

Ok look, fair enough about the actual built in nike+ adapter. BUT there is NO mention that the dongle will work with the iPhone anywhere. We can assume there is no Nike+ at all on the iPhone even with a the dongle.

AND.. what about the nice new headphones? What possible reason could there be for them to not work with the iPhone?

I want to give Apple my $79 for them, hell I'd give them $179 for those headphones (with dual drivers they should be worth it).

Why are they intentionally screwing iPhone owners?

9. Trajectory macrumors 6502a

But the iPod Touch has a lot less storage capacity than any of the "regular" iPods, so, you are really just paying for the novelty of the touch interface and ability to run apps.

Might as well get an iPhone. I don't get the iPod Touch.

10. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

Any headphone will work with the iPhone, BUT, they do not have a built in mic for handsfree.

11. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

Exactly my point. They need to make the iPod Touch have some stuff the iPhone doesn't, so that people will be inclined to buy the Touch over the Phone.

12. Manzana macrumors 6502a

Manzana

I'm sure iPod touch owners would like to have GPS, or a camera, or volume on the outside of their cases, I mean would it be that hard to implement these things?

Look, iPod lines eventually converge it just takes time and revisions.

13. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

The iPod Touch is great for those who wish not to deal with shoddy cellular service. I'm considering ditching the iPhone all together and going with Verizon. When I do, I'd be buying the iPod Touch.

14. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

Screwed?

Does the iPhone user have to pay for software updates like the iPod user? NOPE.

Does the iPod have a camera? NOPE.

Does the iPod have GPS? NOPE.

Does the iPod have Bluetooth? NOPE.

They have to justify the cost difference from the 8GB Touch to the 8GB iPhone. When the phone is cheaper (subsidized) then I can see why the touch would have different features.

15. affenage macrumors newbie

But why do they wnat to sell the ttouch at the same price as a SUBSIDIZED iphone AND pack it with extras not on the iphone? Makes no business sense to me - I thought they didn't want the Touch to canabilize the sales of the iphone?

kudos to voxnj :D:D - but I couldn't possibly move to a state with a pentacostal government

sue

16. brinycbri macrumors 6502a

they can't even get turn by turn let alone the ability to make calls right...do you really think they can build that function in the iphone anytime soon?

17. voxnj macrumors regular

Gee, thanks Sue!

18. Evev12 macrumors regular

EXACTLY! If those exclusives mean that they'll sell 5 extra iphones it's a good strategy for them, even if it means pissing off all of the iphone users. Personally I could care less about both items (although the headphones might have a nice sound). It's their strategy that really gets me. Here's how it should work - Apple should try to provide a similar Nike app to please those that are interested and their new headphones should come shipped "in-box" with the newly package iphones and ipods. It's just getting absurd now, Apple's really crossing the line - when their very own products become incompatibile with their other very own products you know you're getting screwed.

19. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Are you talking on the phone to someone with an iPod Touch? No.

Are you paying at least $70USD/month for service for the iPod Touch? No.

Let's do the math there:

$229 for 8GB iPod Touch. Total: approx. $250 after taxes.

$199 for 8GB 3G iPhone. $70/month * 12 months = $840/yr.

$840 + 199 = $1039USD for the first year, $840 for 2 years.*

* cheapest iPhone 3G plan.

Cheaper than the subsidized iPhone? not to me.

BL.

20. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

I will toss my in 2 cents, and say that I sorta agree - I feel like iPhone got shafted a bit today.

Hopefully we hear more about iPhone stuff in the near future.

No nike for iPhone would upset the sh*t out of me ... I was really looking forward to that.

21. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

Not this retarded argument again.