iPhone glass separating/glue melting? Weird issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by murdercitydevil, Sep 29, 2010.

1. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

Okay, I recently started noticing a weird clicking noise coming from my iphone, usually when I pressed the home button. It seemed like the home button was sticky, and it was making a sort of additional clicking sound combined with the regular click from pressing it. I quickly discovered that the click actually occurred any time I pressed on the back glass of the phone, in the bottom right area. It's hard to really describe, but it basically sounds and feels as though the glass separates from the rest of the back panel in that area of the phone, and I have to press it really hard for it to "re-attach" and stop clicking. It may be my imagination, but it also appears to have something to do with ambient temperature, as if the glue holding the glass melts when it's hot. We've been having a crazy heat wave in california the past few days and I've noticed it a lot more. Anyone else have this problem?

I am planning on most likely exchanging for a new phone as soon as the 4.1 JB is released, as I can only imagine that this will get worse with time, not better.

2. 0007776 Suspended

could be from the heat. Apple's specs say the operating temp is
    I'm not sure what happens if it goes outside that range, but that could be the problem.

3. dwero macrumors newbie

Hi brother, that occurs in most touch pannel, even it is apple

4. murdercitydevil thread starter macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

What do you mean by that? It's not even the touch panel that I'm talking about, it's the back glass.

5. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

Check out Lingosbox they sell replacement glass back plates for really cheap.

6. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

Apple also replaces back glass for $29

7. murdercitydevil thread starter macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

yeah...I'm hoping they just replace my entire phone though. The home button has been sticking and also the power button is loose/sticky. I don't know how this happened, I babied my phone like a madman.