Iphone glitches...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bigdawg4, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Bigdawg4 macrumors regular

I know that the iPhone and iOS 8 are both new but I seem to be experiencing glitches and/or crashes, especially when texting. If I am trying to reply to a text and I am in landscape orientation, the phone will almost freeze. I have to rotate it back to portrait orientation then back to landscape(this is my preferred method of use when texting) to make the phone spring back to life and allow me to enter some text and reply to the original text. Sometimes the text app will just crash and the phone screen goes black, then sporadically the text app will just pop back up from the blank black screen. Other times I will have to manually click on the text app and relaunch it to reply to the text. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Upgrading to the recently released 8.0.1 seems to have helped a little but not fix the problem, it only decreased the frequency of the issue.

2. AppleGoat macrumors 6502a

YES. I just got the iPhone 6 reg on Thursday, my first exposure to iOS 8, and this is driving me nuts since I prefer to text in landscape which is (strangely) the less commonly preferred texting method. I've noticed my phone freeze and hang at other times too. I have no problem with this if future iterations of iOS will iron out this problem, but I just wonder if I should exchange my phone while I can; there is (though I doubt it) an outside possibility it is (to some extent) hardware related.

OP, what iPhone are you using?

3. Bigdawg4 thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry about the long delay in resonding. I have a regular iphone 6 with 64 storage. I have kept my phone updated with the2 bug fixing updates from apple but it still lags and crashes but the frequency of those crashes has improved. I have had every iteration of iphone except the first one and this is by far the worst one from a software perspective.

4. sillywabbit macrumors 6502a

While texting, I try to add a photo, it will freeze for a moment then crash.

I called Apple tech, they say back up and restore. That sounds like I am calling Microsoft. :rolleyes:

5. AppleGoat macrumors 6502a

I've reset my phone twice and the bugs still persist. Hopefully, iOS 8.0.3 delivers my phone to the promise land. It's a very nice phone otherwise, the buggy experience is just off-putting. My friends downloaded iOS 8. One has a 4s, another has a 5, and another has a 5c. All have experienced the same bugs. My supervisor has a 6 and I broached the topic today. She says she has to reboot her phone 3 times a week. Hmm, Apple, maybe iOS 8 should have been tested a bit more, just a bit.

6. Bigdawg4 thread starter macrumors regular

I am very dissappointed with ios8 but I love the 6 form factor and especially the screen. I continue to experience crashes but its only when texting. If I have another app running and I recieve a text, I touch the screen up top where the notification is and the text app opens to the person who texted me. But then the screen freezes and wont let me type a reply, I rotate the phone from landscape to traditional and sometimes it tries to use the voice capture recording that is new ut the problem is I didnt try to activate the recording. Then the text app crashes and the screen goes blank, after a few seconds the screen comes back on and the text app is there almost like nothing happened and then it allows me to type my reply message. This happens multiple times per day. I tell all my friends how great ios is and why its better than droid but with this ios that is not a true statement. Hopefully they come out with a fix soon.

7. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I've had iPhones since the 3G and most have been pretty good at the release. I have the Plus and the lagginess and glitches are really disappointing. I'm sure they will be fixed within the next couple of software updates. However, the saying that "Apple products just work" will be a thing of the past if they don't start getting their act together.