Iphone, Gmail, Inboxes not updating recently

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Sean Dempsey, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Sean Dempsey macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

The last week or so, since Gmail rolled out their priority inboxes and such, my Mail app Gmail inboxes haven't been updating correctly. It's worked great for 2 years, and I haven't changed a thing.

Anyone else experiencing this? It's often not showing my inbox, but says I have unread messages. But when I go to the "All mail" folder, the messages show up and the inbox shows the messages again.

This is all through the iPhone mail app. It's worked great until the last few days. I am not sure if it has anything with the priority inboxes or changes to gmail, or the iphone.

Any ideas on this? Anyone having any bugs in the Mail app with Gmail recently?

2. EbolaMonkey macrumors member

EbolaMonkey

Absolutely yes. I was going to start a new thread for my problem but it sounds similar to yours. Here's a screencap:

[​IMG]

I can't open or delete the "empty" messages from my iPhone. Opening the messages in Gmail is no problem whatsoever.

3. cardinalryan macrumors 6502

cardinalryan

Using the mail app on the iPhone for gmail is taking an insanely long amount of time to download simple emails. Very frustrating. I've been using the iPhone mail app with gmail since the day the orginal 2G iPhone came out and have never experienced this problem until the past couple of weeks.

4. Sean Dempsey thread starter macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

I am not certain, but it seemed to start at the same time that Gmail introduced the "priority inbox" system. But I could be wrong.

It definitely sucks though. It won't update the inbox no matter how many times I hit the refresh button, but if I go out and go to "all mail" it shows the new messages, and then back into the inbox, the messages are updated.

Frustrating.

5. EbolaMonkey macrumors member

EbolaMonkey

I'm not sure if it matters, but I only seem to have this problem when I receive mail from a Hotmail address. Here's another response I got from @iPhoneInCanada on Twitter:

^ ^ FWIW, this method fixed my issue.

6. NickRno77 macrumors regular

Sean did you ever sort this problem out, I get no gmail's in my inbox, started happening today, both iPad and iPhone ?

7. warrentrg macrumors newbie

Im not receiving gmail on my Iphone either! I have it set up throught microsoft exchange. Worked fine untill today!!

Anyone else have this problem?