Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

patrickboyd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2009
i install something from cydia and tells me to restart then when i do that it just goes straight into recovery mode then i have to restore, any idea why its doing this?

patrickboyd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2009
i swear all the black rain stuff and tutorials on youtube says its ok tho :S so if its tethered only does that mean i need to be plugged into the computer when i download stuff from cydia?

UngratefulNinja

macrumors 68000
May 9, 2009
Pennsylvania
i swear all the black rain stuff and tutorials on youtube says its ok tho :S so if its tethered only does that mean i need to be plugged into the computer when i download stuff from cydia?

It is ok, don't worry! It just means that every time your iphone reboots, whether from installing something from cydia or the battery dying, you'll need to be plugged into the computer so you can run blackrain again. It's annoying but it'll likely be made untethered (hopefully) soon.

patrickboyd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2009
ahh right ill take your word for it ;) so if i want winterboard, i have to install cydia then plug into my computer then download winterboard while being plugged into my computer?

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
ahh right ill take your word for it ;) so if i want winterboard, i have to install cydia then plug into my computer then download winterboard while being plugged into my computer?

No. You install cydia, then download winterboard. At this point it does not matter whether you are connected to your computer or not. After you download and install winterboard, your iphone will reboot, and go into recovery mode. THAT is when you need to plug into your computer and run blackra1n again.

UngratefulNinja

macrumors 68000
May 9, 2009
Pennsylvania
^^^ What he said. You just always have to make sure you're near a computer if you're going to let your phone battery go dead or if you're doing to download something.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.