iPhone goes straight to voicemail when turned on

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by nickwilliams7, Mar 17, 2009.

1. nickwilliams7 macrumors newbie

hi, lately when people call me, their calls go straight to voicemail and my phone doesn't ring and it doesn't show that they called or that i missed a call. it isn't every call but it has been happening a lot lately.
    I was wondering if this is something with the phone or with the cell service?

2. dg1 macrumors newbie

I have this same problem about every two weeks. I took it to Apple Store and they said AT&T has been having problems with 3G. Apple suggested turning off the 3G Network. It sucks that I have to do this for something I paid so much money for!

3. bob13bob macrumors member

any one have any luck?

getting same problem here. even in full reception area. less than half my test calls go through at times. not acceptable.

unsuccessfully tried:
    3g on/off
    reseat sim card (not change it)
    turn off/on

in the forums people have tried everything, including restoring firmwares etc, doesn't work. Some have reported 3 bad iphones in last 6 months.

here's some more info.
    http://forums.wireless.att.com/cng/...thread.id=17433&view=by_date_ascending&page=2

4. aftab9188 macrumors newbie

solution

If ur phone is jailbreaked, then Go to cydia and install PREVENT Sleep...This will solve ur problem...But battery usage will be high it will last 8 to 10 hrs only....

5. uaecasher macrumors 65816

uaecasher

I really feel bad for the folks in U.S., hopefully adding verzion will ease off the pressure on AT&T