iphone goes to safe mode when sync'ed with itunes

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by coldfire0101, Nov 15, 2011.

1. coldfire0101, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2011

coldfire0101 macrumors newbie

when i sync my iphone 4 with itunes it keeps going into safe mode. i had no problem syncing a few days ago and havent installed anything new since then so its a bit of a mystery to me.
    has anyone else had this happen if so how did u fix it, if not is there something i can use to monitor wots going on while my phone sync's

it does this during step 6/7 waiting for changes to be applied

2. iptouchfan macrumors newbie

I just ran into this too.

If you've got Mobile Substrate Safe Mode installed, I'd do remove that since its main feature is to push you into safe mode if you install a new program that doesn't agree with your device. Allowing you to then go into through safe mode and remove it through Cydia.

I had to go through the Manage Packages in Cydia and remove each program till it would sync (which was pretty much all of them, last being mobile substrate safe mode (duh)). It was able to sync and just finished updating to iOS 5.0.1.

I'm so done with jailbreaking after losing my phone all day because the battery died before I could recharge it while out of town even though it was "semi-tethered". No matter how many times I tried it just wouldn't reboot pasted the Silver Apple.

Good luck, hope you don't have to remove too much.