iPhone going to T-Mobile?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iLoveMyApple, Jul 21, 2010.

1. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

2. rookie1082 macrumors regular

They are in the midst of expanding their coverage to HSPA+ (3.9G of sorts since it technically isn't 4G). Why would they go under next year, what makes this article say this?

Plus I think you should change your name from iLoveMyApple to iLoveTheSearchButton -- too many Verizon and T-Mo threads.

3. iLoveMyApple thread starter macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

:rolleyes:

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It would need a specific iphone built to work with Tmobile USA 3G band cause all the current models only work with 2G.
    It would be nice since their plans are cheaper and if you're at a good 3G locationg their speed is good also.
    But probably not any time soon.

5. Stuart21 macrumors member

I agree there are a lot of these threads, but if your so against them why do you even open the thread up. There is a bunch of a$$ holes on this site. People yelling at people for not using the search button is getting as old as people not using the search button.

6. rookie1082 macrumors regular

I don't know why I opened it up. Probably because it was 2:30 and I was hitting my work-day wall and was bored. I still asked what makes the article or the OP think that T-Mobile is going under in 2011. If anything it seems like they would have the capabilities to carry a device like the iPhone considering they are putting a lot of funds into expanding their coverage/speed.

7. mlts22 macrumors 6502a

Apple would have to redo their antenna, as T-Mobile uses a 3G band that is different from AT&T, and from what I know, the rest of the world.

T-Mobile isn't bad, although I really wished they and AT&T would have kept the same bands for 3G.

8. DarthBeldar macrumors newbie

9. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

As a T-mobile user... I don't want the iPhone coming in and messing up the network.

I get good coverage in my city, wicked fast 3G speed and cheap monthly prices for unlimited data. I even used my phone to tether wifi while I was on vacation in a cabin with no internet.

That will all go away if they get the iPhone.

I hope it stays on AT&T forever.

10. JustinSaneV2 macrumors 6502

JustinSaneV2

11. Tito Georgie macrumors 6502

Tito Georgie

I hope this doesn't get out of control like the verizon BS!!

12. insidmal macrumors 6502

insidmal

i've had an awful experience with tmobile, was a member of their's for about 10 years back when they were voicestream and tmobile was german or whatever, it got worse and worse every year, they only had like 2 towers in my town and a coule of years ago my service got worst it's ever been and called and they said they had a tower down and it wouldn't get fixed until later the next year.. soo.. i switched and the waived the ETF

13. coasterider macrumors regular

I just switched from T-Mobile just to get the iPhone. I'm not sure how I would feel about the iPhone going to T-Mobile for a few reasons. Con: Service sucks in general even though its fast. Pros: T-Mobile is much cheaper, but who knows what would happen if they added the iPhone.

14. v2allen macrumors regular

v2allen