iPhone gone quiet...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Dvluke5, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Dvluke5 macrumors newbie

Having my first drama with iPhone. I don't know if I've done something to it but it's gone quiet. It still works but when I phone someone I can't hear them on the line unless I put it onto speaker phone. Also keyboard clicks have gone quiet and the speakers won't play music out loud...but the ringer still works.
    What the hell is going on. Any ideas??

2. domness macrumors 6502a

domness

1. Try restoring your iPhone?
    2. Is it jailbroken?

3. Dvluke5 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope, not Jailbroken. I'll try a restore. I'm assuming If I've sync'd to iMac I'll be able to get back all my content after restore??

4. a104375 macrumors 6502

a104375

usually after a restore it completely wipes the ipod/iphone and then reinstalls the system, so you would have to put your content back on

5. r@ndom macrumors member

before you restore, try going to settings >general> reset> reset all settings

6. Dvluke5 thread starter macrumors newbie

Have reset settings to no avail. Thanks anyway. Am going to restore iPhone. Once I pluck up the courage. I will be able to sync all my old content back to the phone from my iMac wont I??....anyone...

7. Dvluke5 thread starter macrumors newbie

Problem solved. Just in case anyone else has had problem it was just due to debris in headphone jack making phone think it had headphones attached. I just had to plug headphones in and out a few times to remove debris and good as new. Thanks for help anyway.

8. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Genius Bar did this for me when mine went quiet...