iPhone Google Sync outage, *Resolved*

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by koruki, Mar 4, 2010.

1. koruki macrumors 6502a

koruki

Hey everyone, just thought I'd alert those with iPhone that have their contact list sync to google.

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Google+Mobile/thread?tid=00d6bd3123867436&hl=en

Outage at the moment, I found out too late. All my contacts have dropped off. Should be fixed when the outage is over but for now don't make changes to your contacts as any sync will cause them all to drop off.

BTW this is my temp fix. Will need a computer and internet connection.

Went to settings, Mail Contacts Cal, select sync account, turn off Contacts.

Connect phone to iTunes, went to Info tab, scroll down to Contacts, tick sync, pick google contacts, enter details. Hit sync.

*note i was on a machine that had no record of my iphone so I selected merge when it asked what I wanted to do with my sync settings.

I assume once outage is over I can just turn the Sync contacts back on in the Phone Settings to revert back.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Thanks for the heads up
    I don't use Google, but I am sure others will appreciate the warning

3. Verizon Slave macrumors newbie

Apple has officially taken over google, their transfering all accounts to a mobile me 60 day trial. :p

4. koruki thread starter macrumors 6502a

koruki

Can confirm sync is now functioning properly again. Thread can close