Iphone gophone plan help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pker886, Jan 1, 2012.

1. pker886 macrumors member

I'm using a iphone 4 with att $50 go phone plan, and it's working grate. But now i want to upgrade to a 4s, but my sim card is locked with that iphone 4. I can't use the same sim card to other phones, and i have just ordered an new att sim card. Is there a way to use my new sim card to replace the old locked one? or is there a way to unlock my old sim card?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Call and talk to AT&T (aka "the only people that will actually be able to do anything about your problem").

3. pker886 thread starter macrumors member

so i just talk with the att agent than it will work?

4. fullmanfullninj macrumors regular

I'm using a iphone 4 with att $50 go phone plan, and it's working grate. But now i want to upgrade to a 4s, but my sim card is locked with that iphone 4. I can't use the same sim card to other phones, and i have just ordered an new att sim card. Is there a way to use my new sim card to replace the old locked one? or is there a way to unlock my old sim card?

Hold on. I do not understand...how is a SIM card LOCKED to a specific device? I sold cell phones at a Best Buy for a while and I have not heard of a SIM card being locked to a specific DEVICE. If it actually is, you can call a representative and ask them to change the IMEI associated with your account/SIM card (aka ICCID) to the IMEI of your 4S.

If you want to use your new SIM card, make sure it is a prepaid one. You can call a representative and have them access your account. Ask the rep to change the IMEI AND ICCID (SIM card) associated with your account. With the step in the paragraph above, it would be a matter of changing the ICCID from one number to another. For this step, you would not only be changing the ICCID but also the IMEI.

How do you know this SIM card is locked to your device? Have you tried putting it in other ATT phones? SIM cards usually have the freedom of being able to be swapped into any GSM device...