iPhone GoPhone without data

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dustfromdust, Feb 7, 2008.

1. dustfromdust macrumors newbie

hey i have a question, i saw in one of the forums someone claiming that you can get an iPhone activate it with the GoPhone plan and after the first month you can choose not to have data, only voice. Is this true? i would love to have an iPhone, ive never had a cell phone, never much liked them but am very attracted to the iphon, but as a poor college student surrounded by college wifi i have no money and no need to pay for data. SO IS IT TRUE, CAN YOU HAVE A iPhone GOPHONE WITHOUT DATA? thanks

2. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Yes, it's all true. Activate your iPhone. Then just before the first month is over, dial 611. When the voice prompts ask what you want to hear about, say iPhone. This will tell you that you can drop the data plan beginning with the next months service.

If you forget and use the weather widget, it will deduct $.03 from the balance in your account each and every time. So say you paid for the GoPhone 200 minute plan. That costs $29.99 and simply adds that $29.99 to your account balance. Each time you make a call, it deducts $.15 from that balance and so using the weather widget will take away from the balance that you have for phone calls. Using Safari would be even more expensive. As long as you don't forget and use them, you will be fine. Just because you don't have a data plan doesn't make those features on the phone inactive, they just become super expensive to use.