iPhone GoPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DSchwartz88, Jun 28, 2007.

1. DSchwartz88 macrumors 6502

Can anyone actually outline the activation process for activating the iPhone. What if i dont have an SS#? How could i tell iTunes to let me use the GoPhone option?

2. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

You should watch the Activation & Sync video posted on Apple's website for more information as to how exactly you go about activating your iPhone.

coolosxapps

3. DSchwartz88 thread starter macrumors 6502

i watched it but it still doesnt show every screen. How are thye doing the credit check? SS# im guessing, but i dont have one (or choose not to disclose it) can i get the GoPhone?

4. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

It shows that you can either use your SSN or your BAN number given to you by an AT&T representative to validate your credit check. As far as the GoPhone works, according to the AT&T Manual posted today, you can only get it if your credit check fails.

coolosxapps

5. DSchwartz88 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok now i know this isnt the best way to go about this but my credit is fine. Would i be able to use someone else (someone whom i know) to put in the SS# or do you think it will then tie the account to their SS#? Also if i dont fail the credit check will i be able to back up and stop activating the phone? Because id be fine with trying but not if its a one time thing and if i pass it ive now activated the line. What do you think? Would i be able to get a GoPhone that is not the iPhone and then transfer that GoPhone account to the iPhone?

6. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Don't use someone else's number.

If you're buying the iPhone at AT&T, I'm sure they'll tell you whether gophone is supported. They may not want to but they'll have to. I'm sure it is, why would Apple discourage sales?

7. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Find a homeless person and ask to use their SS number. Tell them if it ends up they have good credit you won't pay!

Just kidding!!! ha-ha.