iPhone got water on it

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iaddict, May 2, 2011.

1. iaddict macrumors 6502

My son had his iPhone in his pocket when he was getting the dog a bowl of water. Got bumped before putting bowl down and the water went all over him and when he took the phone out it was wet. He immediately put it in a bag of rice but didn't leave it there longer than overnight. Next day it worked but the backlight didn't come on. I told him to turn it off, leave it in a bag of rice for at least a week.

My question is, since he turned it on before he should have and the backlight isn't working, is there any possibility that it will work later after all moisture is removed from the phone or is it gone forever?

The other question I have is does Apple Care cover repairs on this kind of issue?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Once the damage is done the backlight won't turn on again.
    AppleCare doesn't cover accidental damage or liquid damage but sometimes they are nice and replace them for free without charging the $200 fee. Worth a try.

3. g0odfr1end102 macrumors 6502

g0odfr1end102

Mine got beer on it the other night, still works perfectly fine! 8D

4. iaddict thread starter macrumors 6502

I will call them and see. It was in an OtterBox as well so it's a shame that it didn't help keep out more water than it did. Thanks for the advice