Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jmasterman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
I got my iphone wet at school and it was hours before i could put it in a rice bag. i dried it with my jacket. The headphone thing is not red its white. It could not turn off I pressed the home and top button but i think it ran out of battery. The flash was on the whole time. Well it feel into a toilet then i grabbed it in two seconds. its an iphone 4. right now it is sitting in a rice bag. Please please give me advice.
:confused:

Bc092785

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2011
The idea is to let the rice draw out all the moisture but if the phone was totally submerged it is best to leave it in there much longer than a few days. Also put it in the sunlight for an hour or so a day ( still in the bag of rice. You also might want to check the rice for dampness around the phone and change it out if you feel any moisture. It is critical to have the moisture out of the phone, otherwise when you power it on it may short something. Good luck hope I helped a bit.

Nessaj

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2011
I got my iphone wet at school and it was hours before i could put it in a rice bag. i dried it with my jacket. The headphone thing is not red its white. It could not turn off I pressed the home and top button but i think it ran out of battery. The flash was on the whole time. Well it feel into a toilet then i grabbed it in two seconds. its an iphone 4. right now it is sitting in a rice bag. Please please give me advice.
:confused:

Dont attempt to power on or you'll totally destroy your phone. Lay it in rice for some more days and pray to God......

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.