iPhone GPS Apps That Route Voice Prompts To Bluetooth Headset?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by mac-slap-happy, Nov 27, 2009.

1. mac-slap-happy macrumors member

Hello all.

I'm planning on grabbing one of the iPhone GPS apps while they're on sale this weekend. I am having problems getting information on any of the major players (TomTom, Navigon) as far as supporting audio routing via bluetooth headset.

My primary use for this would be on a motorcycle, using my BlueAnt Interphone headset which is mouted on my helmet. It is mono (non-A2DP), and I've already discovered that it will not play the music from the iPhone. This was a pretty big bummer, but calls still come through very well so it is working for now.

Does anyone know if any of the GPS apps out there will route audio prompts to a mono bluetooth headset?

2. acousticbiker macrumors 6502

Navigon works with my Jabra.

3. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

If your headset can pair via Bluetooth and play iTunes, it'll work with Navigon. I do that on my car (stereo has BT) and it works great.

4. mac-slap-happy thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the info, guys. That is actually my problem - the helmet bluetooth device cannot play from iTunes. It works great with calls, but will not play iTunes music at all.

Sounds like most of these are the same - the audio prompts are routed the same as the music. It may simply be time for me to upgrade my helmet setup to a A2DP setup. Was hoping that was not the case - I'd need to upgrade two helmets and it's not going to be cheap.

I guess I'll look into these and eBay my Blueant Interphone setup:
    http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-intercoms/chatterbox-xbi2/

The upside to upgrading them is I'd finally be able to route my tunes to my helmet as well as the GPS prompts.