Iphone GPS Games...

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by minimoles69, Oct 3, 2010.

1. minimoles69 macrumors newbie

Okay so I am looking for a game that I can play while on the go, I have been searching the internet this afternoon to see if I can find anything and the only thing I really found was a game called; 1000: Find 'em All. It looks pretty fun, but before I buy it I was wondering if any of you out there know of a better game? anything that involves GPS or you can play by travelling around if you catch my drift?
    Much appreciated =)

2. minimoles69 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. minimoles69 thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow I got told there were the most popular apple forums clearly not there **** haha

4. lukefinch macrumors 6502

lukefinch

It's not even been 24 hours, give people a chance :rolleyes:

5. emgee macrumors newbie

Have you looked at Own This World? Super fun game.. definitely my most used app.
    It's sort of like Risk but uses the iPhones gps so you have to physically be in a territory to take it over. If the territory you're in is taken you can launch different attacks to take it over or take out the leader (attacks cost you resources which are gained by owning different territories).
    Pretty awesome game for roadtrips (or 'travelling around' :)) where you can take over tons of territories. They just recently tripled their user base too so things are definitely getting more competitive/interactive.

6. jwalton macrumors newbie

We just released a free GPS game called Dokobots.

http://dokobots.com

Dokobots is a geogame played in the real world. Pick up traveling robot friends and help them in their journeys as they explore our planet. Each player participates in a scavenger hunt to collect new Dokobots. Follow the adventures as bots visit new locations, gathering photos and notes from the people they meet...

Attached Files:

7. azstinger macrumors member

i don't have an in mind but what about geocaching? Ever since the rise of handhold GPS units it has been pretty popular, I'm sure there is a fun app to go and hunt down stuff. Found some fun stuff in caches before, but mostly its about the hunt for them.

8. morbo12, Nov 18, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2012

morbo12 macrumors newbie

Coderunner

Coderunner is the one im really into at the moment. It's a spy style game that sends you to various locations to complete tasks. It makes use of things like antennas, hospitals, schools, police staions and security cameras in your area to work. The whole thing can be done at a walking pace, but you can run it if you want to do it quicker and don't mind looking like a bit of a tool. The game has "dead drops" that you can create yourself very easily, or visit ones other players have made. It really makes you feel like your part of a video game. I've never played anything quite like it.

Ive tried a quite a few GPS games out there and most seem too simple or lame, with maybe the exception of geocaching (due to it's huge player base). Ive found the beuty of coderunner is that it's got depth to it. and enough to keep anyone interested for quite a while.

check out the trailer if you wanna know more here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6cK0r9rVyo