Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

a13ms

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2016
I believe that my iphone 5s may have been hacked or there is some sort of spyware on it. Does anyone know how to see if it has been or if the spyware is there? I'd rather not have to restore to factory settings if possible.

I'm not sure if the phone has been jailbroken - when I do a spotlight search for Cydia nothing comes up but it may have been hidden and it could be jailbroken and I wouldn't even know it.

Also in the diagnostic & data usage I noticed that "mediaremoted" was being used at times when I would have not been awake or using it. Any help would be great!

easheer

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2010
Google search the process name. It's possible that OS processes could be running in the background even w/o a user actively using the device.

a13ms

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2016
Stupid question, but would the process name be after where it says "Process" under hardware model or "Parent Process"? If so, the Process is mediaremoted [31] on some reports and mediaremoted [7984] on the others and the Parent process for all is launchd [1]. Google doesn't seem to have much info on any of these. Would sending the full report help?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.