iPhone Hard Drive

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fusion19, Oct 22, 2007.

1. fusion19 macrumors newbie

Does anybody know if the hard drive on the 8GB iPhones can be upgraded when Apple enevitably comes out with a 16GB model in the future?

2. TimJim macrumors 6502a

Well they use flash memory not a hard drive so i dont think you would be able to upgrade the hardware.

3. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Not technically, but i think it is possible...

4. fusion19 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. salilsundresh macrumors 6502

I suppose some one very knowledgeable in electronics might be able to pull it off once there are new flash memory chips more dense in information than what apple has in the iPhone currently.

6. taybo20 macrumors regular

taybo20

I'm sure its very possible. The inside of the iPhone will probably look exactly the same as the chips will probably have to be very close to the same size. However, Apple will 99.9999% probably not sponsor an authorized upgrade. If you have it done it will void your warranty.

7. ccjAY macrumors newbie

iphone 16gb ?????yea

I think you can by changing the logic board where the flash memory is!!! from 8gb to 16gb.

8. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

why is that a shame? you can definitely count on the flash size to not be the only hardware thing to change in version two so just changing the flash won't give you something as good as version two. imo.

9. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Looks like it's safe to say that's not an option.:D