Iphone hardware mods

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bushman1, Nov 14, 2007.

1. bushman1 macrumors regular

Has anyone considered turning a 4-5 gen ipod into a primitive like iphone. This could be accomplished by some hardware moding between a new ipod nano and a sliver L7. Take apart most of the ipod video and the vide nano. Gut the video keeping the screen and the clickwheel. Fasten the nano body into the same place connecting all the pieces except the clickwheel. Take apart the L7 and just keep the mother board. Create a modified clickwheel to you liking and connect it to the L7 and the nano. You could use a lot of the touch keys (relabeled) from the ipod with just a touch wheel. Add a microphone to the bottom and a ear piece at the top. Once there get ipod linux and create an apple like system with a section for phone added this controls the L7. You need someone that is great with hardware around a 1000 dollars and another person with mad hacking skills. Doubt anyone could do this but if possible i will be impressed.

2. bushman1 thread starter macrumors regular

3. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Quite possibly the most pointless idea I have ever read about in my whole entire MacRumors-life.

Why spend more time and money to accomplish A) something already available? B) already cheaper? and C) better, and working?

Oh dear.

4. bushman1 thread starter macrumors regular

fun and simply why not. I know lot of people that would guak over it.

5. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

It's not about that. Its about making your own machine. Its the pride and joy of accomplishment.

6. bushman1 thread starter macrumors regular

exactly. I might try it because my friend worked on the iphone hacks and works at dell so I figure he could do the programing. I am great at building things so I would handle the hardware. Maybe you will see it in about a month or two. I would try to keep it under $100 using an old nano I already have.( I have 2, found one. Also 2 shuffles, found them also).

7. bushman1 thread starter macrumors regular

If anyone has any design ideas please post them or pm me. These could be purely looks or software or hardware. I rely want some input before I jump in. Also dose anyone know a good place to get ipod photos broken or working for under $50.