iPhone has a crappy day!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stealthman1, Mar 5, 2008.

1. stealthman1 macrumors regular

Yesterday, while late for a meeting, I pulled my DoR iPhone out of my pants pocket hurriedly and watched in horror as it slipped from my hand and dove head first into the THANKFULLY freshly flushed toiled I had just used. Obviously the first thought is...'dive or no dive?' I dove of course. It still worked as I shook the water off of it and headed for the paper towels. Immediately I shut it down, but unlike other electrical devices that have gotten wet, I couldn't remove the battery:(. I watched it die a slow death as the screen began to glow a blue/black and then after several minutes go blank with attempts to recessitate failed. Today, after sitting in the car all morning in the sun, I went to the AT&T store to see if they would send it in for me. I clicked the power button on the way in the door and the plug and charge icon came on! Went back to my car, popped it on the charger and HOORRAY!!! Back from the dead! Another episode testing the ruggedness of the iPhone!:cool:

2. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

3. iSamurai macrumors 65816

iSamurai

"I watched it die a slow death as the screen began to glow a blue/black and then after several minutes go blank with attempts to recessitate failed."

I like the way you described it. full marks for your essay. anyway, this shows an iphone is capable of being under water... but i think you should ask apple to inspect if there's any water damages. leave it in the sun (with a bit of shade over so it won't get hot) to let it totally dry inside out.

4. chrismac00 macrumors 6502a

Wow I'm always scared that this would happen to my phone :/ I think I'm just being paranoid. Luckily, you iPhone is still alive!

5. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

when you're dying it will be

still alive.

6. ~*allison*~ macrumors regular

Sorry to hear about your iPhone's unadvised deep sea adventure. LoL. Glad it made it back in one WORKING piece though. :p

7. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Haha, this is a great fear of mine! Glad to hear the iPhone held up!

8. grumbler macrumors member

I'm curious to know what color the water damage strip changes to. On an ordinary (non-crappy iphone :p) there's a white circle in the bottom of the headphone jack. When exposed to water, it'll change somehow.
    Care to take a peek?

9. wrboyce macrumors 6502

Red, I hear..

10. gregdrummeraz macrumors 6502

same this happened with my touch... :rolleyes: sucks! but it works!:D