iPhone Has Become Disconbobilated ??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NorPlan, Jul 5, 2015.

1. NorPlan macrumors newbie

NorPlan

Trying to help a friend Regain Control of Her iPhone... She doesn't use a Password to Access her iPhone , but things seem to be leaning that way.. Kinda like the Fat Finger Syndrome has descended upon her iPhone... Even Siri comes out garbledegoped and HiSpeed... She has tried powering down to No Avail.. Not sure if removing / reinserting the Sim Card would be advantages or possible ?? Advice & Ideas Appreciated , Cheers Thanks.

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

3. NorPlan thread starter macrumors newbie

NorPlan

:oops: iCloud Password ?? Unfortunately a Device with a Set of Passwords were asking for Trouble.. Honestly I believe the Fat Finger Syndrome has set in... Trying to Remember what action brought her to this point .. Apparently a Pop Up Ad of sorts appeared in Text Form and she attempted to Delete thereby causing the Disconbobilation.. :eek:

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Fat fingers doesn't make sense.
    Tell her to DFU restore it with itunes.
    If she has find my iphone turned on she will have to enter her apple ID email and password after the phone restores back to factory stock settings.

5. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

My thoughts exactly

6. NorPlan thread starter macrumors newbie

NorPlan

(1) Slange Term of Unintentionally pressing wrong keys

(2) Sorry DFU Restore ?? Spell it out Please & Thanks

7. LucasEVille macrumors regular

LucasEVille

Use Google, the length of time It takes someone to reply to your demand you could have found out the meaning! ;)

8. NorPlan, Jul 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2015

NorPlan thread starter macrumors newbie

NorPlan

We attempted a Reset / Reset All.. She's had the iPhone a couple years now , her Kids are trying to convince her it maybe time to Trade Up..lol.. She reacts like the iPhone is going to bite or like tapping a hot Potatoe..lol.. Right now she's having to Double Click to get the iPhone to respond .. Trying to remove the Voice Over as that appears to be the source of the problem ?? The iPhone won't let her access the Internet, it will not take the Passcode..??? :(:eek:

9. DeepIn2U macrumors 603

DeepIn2U

Correction: Discombobulation
    I guess this post wasn’t posted on iOS as the built in dictionary is quite good at correction but maybe hats turned off on your device.

I always find, at least for myself, using words that I don’t really know the meaning of but can mostly use in a sentence hat it works in based on learning from inference. I do appreciate the opportunity to look up this word and learn something new today. ;) the word itself sounds like it’s going through itself being that way.

10. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

not sure why anyone would attempt a $10 word they can't spell.

11. DeepIn2U macrumors 603

DeepIn2U

No need to be coarse - he may not even know and just DFU mode search will show quite a number of methods - some involving nail breakin links. DFU Mode does have a few ways of getting into depending on the iPhone model: iPhone 7 and X differ from the others.

Too often today we rely on abbreviations and then get abuse to others when they don’t understand the abbreviations let alone the actual expansion intended. Be polite as not everyone is walking in your shoes.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 16, 2017 ---
    Lol, scrabble right? I always was horrible at that game.

12. rugmankc macrumors 68000

rugmankc

Not sure why anyone would ressurect a two year old thread for spelling--;)

13. JM macrumors 6502a

JM

Because the Internet.

:D

14. Starship67 macrumors 6502a

Starship67

Now thats funny.

15. DeepIn2U macrumors 603

DeepIn2U

Yeah lol good catch. I’ve notice his is happening a lot more than prior to ios11. Driving me insane to be honest. That’s vs Hats.

16. danilko1 macrumors 6502a

danilko1

I am reading OPs post. Either they are writing phonetically in an accent, or they used google translate to post a request.

Either way, a difficult read, but understood.

You do not have to have an iCloud account or even use iTunes, to use an iPhone. You would need one to download apps though.

Their kids may have gotten into and enabled accessibility features, but resetting the phone would have cleared this up.

The other possibility is a final hardware failure, then using accessibility to compensate, but it's too confusing for the owner.

I agree with the OP's last assessment. It's time to get a new phone. My both my mother and mother in law, does not know how to trouble shoot basic iOS functions. You show them where to touch to read email and browse the web, and that's about it. I created iCloud accounts, run updates and install apps for them. I am the reason they can use these devices and maintain them.

Some people need a care giver, when it comes to technology.

17. Lucifer666, Nov 16, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2017

Lucifer666 macrumors 6502a

There has to be more to this. I'm missing something.