Iphone has contacts, Mac doesn't

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Paolom3, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Paolom3 macrumors newbie

I have seen threads on this but they are outdated. Basically I have an iphone with contacts in it but they are not on my brand new Macbook Pro. I synced the phone with itunes already but just for the music and apps. I am afraid to sync it with the contacts section of itunes because I am afraid I'll lose all contact data. I bought Mobile me but I have no idea how to back up my contacts on my iphone. My old PC did not have a back up of my contacts on there.

Thanks!

2. mreddys10 macrumors regular

You wont lose your contacts if u sync. Dont worry. Make sure that the 'replace information on this iPhone' is not selected. You can find this option under the 'info' tab of the iPhone section in iTunes.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Plug it into itunes.
    right click on the iphone device on the left of the page and select backup.

4. dsnort macrumors 68000

dsnort

Have you looked at "Address Book" on your MBP? My iPhone contacts sync up to that.

5. Paolom3 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

My iPhone contacts sync with Exchange, but I just got a new MBP and I'd like to get the contacts into the Mac Contacts app.

On the info tab in iTunes under iPhone, I checked the "Sync Address Book Contacts" and sync'd. No luck. I even checked Replace information on this iphone for the Contacts checkbox. Nothing. I still have stuff on my iPhone and no contacts on my MBP.

Any tips here? Thanks in advance for your help -- I've tried getting it to sync and aside from manually adding them for a few hours on a Sunday, I'm not sure how to get them sync'd up.

7. silviamacedo macrumors newbie

Mac Has Backup But Iphone Has Nothing

I JUST UPGRADED TO 3.1.3 MY 2G IPHONE AND HAVE LOST ALL MY CONTACTS. WHEN I RESTORE FROM ITUNES, I GET TO SEE THE CONTACTS FOR A FEW SECONDS, THEN IT IS ZEROED! NO CONTACTS AT ALL IN MY IPHONE!!

WHAT CAN I DO? PLEASE HELP ME!!!:confused:

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Please tell me you have your contacts synced to Address Book.

9. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Stop shouting.

10. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I'm a little hard of hearing though. :p