Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Torresangel88

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Do u guys think that apple will release a white version of the phone just like the 3G and 3GS

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I'd hazard to say no, given the images over at gizmodo. The white back doesn't really go with the whole design.

we'll really not find out until apple officially announces the phone though

Justinf79

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2009
Oregon
If they do make a white one, the front will have to be white as well, or else it'll look funky with a black front and white back on it's brick design.

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
I sure hope so! But the images released so far have me thinking they won't.

It's be really cool if the next iPhone came in all the colors of the iPod nanos.

na1577

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2008
If they do make a white one, the front will have to be white as well, or else it'll look funky with a black front and white back on it's brick design.

Apple doesn't seem to think so, given the design of the 3G/3GS.

The Californian

macrumors 68040
Jan 17, 2009
Surfers Paradise
This
attachment.php

is greater that this

attachment.php

M-5

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
I would personally prefer this:
img0289ea.jpg

Over having the front of the device white as well.
4560935604_02af363201_o.jpg

4560307767_9ef81e6cab_o.jpg

They're both nice, but I'd prefer the face of the device to be black.

gigapocket1

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2009
Personally... I think that this phone may be going back the original iPhone days.. When all the phones looked alike but just had different gigs.. And now that I think about it. The iPhone and the iPod nano are the only devices that you can actually choose a different color.. But I can see apple choosing a more grey metallic color for the iPhone..

I agree.. Apple would never put a white front on an iPhone.. It takes away from the screen.. A screen looks a lot clearer with a black border.

Abyssgh0st

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2009
Colorado
I'm sure they'll be more than one colour option, and they'll most likely stick to Black/White as they've been popular thus far. I'm going white this time.

androiphone

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2009
how about instead of complaining about the posibility or lack of colours, I've got a solution:

the new iphone has a flat back therefore it will be stupidly easy for 'screen protector esque' sheets to be produced in a rainbow of colours for you to change the colour of the phone, the same can be done for the front if you so want, also a clear one for the back so *IF* it scratches easily then it can be protected and hopefully stop people using ugly fat cases on the phone,

and because the back is flat it will be easy to apply and change depending on your mood

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
I think a white face makes the phone look cheap, not to mention the loss of perceived contrast.

The white rear shell looks classy though. Makes the phone look slightly less like an ice-cream sandwich.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
And they'll never move the sim tray, or change the volume rocker to separate buttons or have an iPhone with seams in the bezel.

He's right a white front would take away from the picture on the screen. Screens look much better when surrounded by black, the colors pop more. This is the reason why TV manufacturers use black. They made a few silver TV's when the whole silver electronics thing was popular, but they all went back to black. Or at least made a black surrounding border on the screen.

jessea

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2009
Cincinnati
I kind of hope they release a white phone as well -- more because my wife wants that color and it will make it easy to distinguish our phones if we choose to not use cases.

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
And they'll never move the sim tray, or change the volume rocker to separate buttons or have an iPhone with seams in the bezel.

Who ever said any of those things? I remember previous threads where people said Apple won't do a white face for the iPhone, but I've never come across someone saying anything to the effect of what you said.

Are you attempting to make an argument and failing or is this just some random tangent?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.