Iphone HD

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zulkiflim, Apr 2, 2009.

1. zulkiflim macrumors regular

zulkiflim

Heya

I have been around and checked the latest news ,is it possible the latest version of the Iphone would be an Iphone HD?

That would explain the faster speed,well faster speed is always better,,umm not always but for this case YEAH.What do you think?

will it happen.
    Personally i would love it.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Nope. A 720p screen on a phone is pointless–and won't happen–without resolution independence.

"HD" really has absolutely nothing to do with upgraded RAM or processor speed.

3. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Sorry, I'm confused.

You are hoping the iPhone gets a faster processor, so that it can be called the iPhone HD, because you'd love it?

4. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

Nope, best guess is just a spec bump to support video and MAYBE a 32GB version

5. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

There's no reason to have a higher resolution as the higher DPI would gain you nothing unless you have better than 20/20 vision.

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Define "support video". :confused:

7. takenthesmeg macrumors member

Last eye check I got told I have better than 20/20 vision. Apparently that's only average :p. But I digress...

8. Justen macrumors member

How would "HIGH DEFINITION" explain faster speed. And where did you get faster speed from? High definition is for better quality. It has nothing to do with more speed, or more anything.

9. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

HD out is worth talking about. The ability to store HD video, and the ability to share/stream that to a computer/HDTV is something not yet pinned down. There are phone prototypes able to do the above, but it's not really mainstream yet.

10. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

The point of HD is to be able to shoot, store and playback HD, like HD cameras do.

For example, the Samsung Omnia HD will take 1280x720 video at 24fps, allow light editing, and playback from the phone to a HDTV.

11. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I agree with ya, although the limited storage really makes it a moot point. An HD screen would be hella cool but probably near-impossible or at least not worth the cost yet. But I would love to be able to store larger videos in the future so we don't clutter hard drives with the SD and HD versions.

However, there are issues. The storage is the first, but it can obviously be overcome. Then comes the processing power needed to output HD, which probably isn't close to possible with any iPhone-style CPU. I think it takes a pretty fast processor to do HD, maybe 1.5Ghz. The iPhone runs in the 400Mhz range. But even if you could do HD video, it would run out of battery very quickly due to all the CPU cycles necessary.

12. zulkiflim thread starter macrumors regular

zulkiflim

Heya

Well Itunes stores provides HD videos but unable to playback in the current Iphone 3G.

You tube has upgraded to HD content.And i suppose that sooner or later the Iphone will follow suit.
    Streaming HD requires faster and a more robust/powerful processer.

Just my 2 cents.

13. WPB2 macrumors 6502a

WPB2

First Ford, now iPhone HD (Harley Davidson) Man this is getting ridiculous. Harley Davidson is suppose to just be Motorcycles.

14. takenthesmeg macrumors member

See Wikipedia HD disambiguation:p

15. zulkiflim thread starter macrumors regular

zulkiflim

Heya

Umm dont they also make clothes and clothing accessories?

Apple used to make JUST computers,now PHONES..;):p

16. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

HD applys to resolution of pics, vids, and sounds. not speeds. etc.:eek:

17. takenthesmeg macrumors member

The amount of data to process with HD video is exponentially more than SD. Hence resizing algorithms, decoding, data throughput, etc are all affected. 400Mhz probably wouldn’t be sufficient. That’s said, why does Apple need a specific reason to release a faster processor. If they can get more grunt for the same price and power usage then of course they would go for it.

18. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

FYI, I've heard many times on here that the iPhone CPU is capable of 600Mhz but is clocked down to 400Mhz. But I'm still pretty sure that's not near enough for HD video. My 1.5Ghz G4 was barely able to play 720p video.

19. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

I don't think they'll upgrade the RAM or processor speed. I do expect a higher capacity model, and maybe a new look with possibly a better camera.

20. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

It's been a while since Apple "just" made computers. MP3 players, displays, accessories, routers, :apple:TV, the Newton, and various mice would have some serious problems with the "Apple made JUST computers, now [computers and] PHONES" statement.

21. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Apple hasn't made "just" computers since the Apple I in 1976. The Apple II launched with accessories straight from Apple. :D

22. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

He seemed confused enough, I didn't want to exacerbate the issue with too many facts :)