iPhone headphone jack to MacBook Air

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by machappyboy, Aug 25, 2016.

1. machappyboy macrumors member

Is there a way to connect the iphone headphone jack to the mac air mic jack? What type of cable do I need?

2. thats all folks macrumors 6502a

thats all folks

you want to record the output of an iPhone on an Air? can you offer a little more detail as to why? and that input would be mono only.

3. machappyboy thread starter macrumors member

trying to record a google voice greeting with a professional mp3 on my iphone

4. thats all folks macrumors 6502a

thats all folks

hmm, still not getting it. You have a greeting on google voice that you want to get an MP3 file of?

5. machappyboy thread starter macrumors member

thanks. i'm trying to upload a mp3 to google voice to use as a greeting but google voice doesn't allow uploads so I need to have google call skype on my computer and then want to use a wav file on the iphone played via its headphone jack inputted to the mac air mic jack to record the greeting via skype

6. thats all folks macrumors 6502a

thats all folks

ah. that's a puzzle there.

plug this into the Mac,
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/813385-REG/Sescom_IPHONE_MIC35_1_iPhone_iPod.html
    (read through the reviews, might not be a guarantee of success but the closest I am aware of)

plug this into the phone,
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/827820-REG/pearstone_mmsa_103b_stereo_mini_male_to.html
    and plug the other end into the mic input of the other cable.
    plug your headphones into the other port so you can hear what is going on. but regular headphones.
    you will have to play with the volume on the phone and the input level (Sound control panel in System Preferences) on the computer to get it coming at a proper level.