iPhone Headphone Socket Broken

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SamusKay, Jan 27, 2010.

1. SamusKay macrumors newbie

Hey,
    My iPhone headphone socket is broken :eek:
    I'm planning on getting it repaired at http://www.ukipodrepairs.co.uk/ for £45, but I was wondering how much Apple charge to do this...
    I couldn't find any info on the :apple: site and I guess it's too late UK time at the moment to ring up.

So anyone know the charge? I wanna see if it's cheaper. I doubt it will be but..

Cheers.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If you're out of the 1 year warranty and didnt purchase Applecare in the US Apple Charges $199 and they swap out your iphone and give you a refurb.

3. Krispy162 macrumors regular

Krispy162

I'm having the same issue. Mine only plays out of one ear :mad: No Applecare either... Such a bozo!

Any options for me inside the U.S?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Maybe its just the earbuds that need to be replaced.

5. Krispy162 macrumors regular

Krispy162

Wish it was that simple. Tried that. If I bend it from side to side it works..... but once I let go, it's back to just one ear! BOO! I'm trying to wait till a next generation iphone comes out!:confused:

6. SamusKay thread starter macrumors newbie

Definitely not the headphones and I'm out of warranty, and I've had bits replaced before so even if I was..

I've tried cleaning it out before anyone asks.

So no one knows the Apple charge for it?

EDIT: Sorry didn't read the 2nd post. So they're not gonna repair it for me?
    I'll go with the independent company then.

7. gerbort macrumors newbie

A company my wife got her phone's glass repaired at called www.ifixyouri.com

They fixed her quick. They do other repairs as well...like what you need with your headphone jack.

8. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

I think the repair at apple is $119.00 if I remember correctly. I have a repair business and I charge $40 for the same repair. this repair is not one that the normal guy can replace on his own phone. you need to replace the headphone jack. problem is it is connected to the power button, vibrate button, volume button and is located in the back of the phone under the logic board. you would have to totally take apart the phone to complete this process.

9. ChrTan macrumors newbie

Apple charges $199

Try the repair shops, they will do it for $79. I have Cupertino iPhone Repair in the past.