iPhone headphones in Washing Machine....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Blaunerts, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Blaunerts macrumors regular

Blaunerts

So I had them in the pocket of my jeans and loaded up my wash, when it was done I go to unload the washing machine I see some string, I am like WTF is this? I see my headphones! I am like nooo! dam F**k! I test them out....good as new! ;)..Thank god! That saved me like $35!

2. NiroshanMan macrumors 6502

Good thing it didn't go through the dryer, then you'd be officially F%&@ed ;)!

3. NiroshanMan macrumors 6502

So was it nice and clean after the washing? hehe

4. FJR macrumors regular

same thing happened to me, but I even dried them. Oddly enough, they seemed to work better after. Pre-washing I had problems with the right earpiece going in and out (seemed like a bad connection at the microphone part of the right side). SOmetimes the right earphone would just cut out completely and I had to fiddle with the microphone to get it to work. After I washed, I never had the problem again.

However, I think it hastened the little rubber ring coming off from around the edge of each earpiece.

5. Blaunerts thread starter macrumors regular

Blaunerts

All joking aside, it did! lmfao

6. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

Interesting, I need to clean mine. Perhaps Ill try this out.

7. Riemann Zeta macrumors 6502a

If they had died, it would have been a blessing in disguise--bundled headphones traditionally suck donkey ass in terms of sound quality.

8. cfairbank macrumors 6502

I have done this twice. Both times they came out good as new.

9. ivtecDOu macrumors 6502

ivtecDOu

10. Joined:
    Jul 1, 2007
    Mine went through the washer AND the dryer... the first day I got the phone. LOL Thankfully they still work just like new and I don't have to buy new ones (like I did after my original iPhone headphones went through the washer/dryer 3 times). I guess I really need to start checking my pockets :D