Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ebound

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2001
EGV, IL
So, all of a sudden today, while walking home from class, the play/pause clicker on my iPhone headphones stopped working. It won't pause, it won't play. Happened out of nowhere, seemingly.

Nothing's gotten into the headphone port on the iPhone (since the headphones are almost always plugged in), it just stopped out of nowhere.

Anyone have a similar problem? I can't quite tell if it's the clicker itself, or if it is the phone not registering the click.

I don't do any sort of violent things with my iPhone (off-roading, biking, running, whathaveyou), so I'm in a bit of a pickle here.

Thanks, guys.

ebound

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2001
EGV, IL
yeah, i just managed to figure it out within the last two minutes.

i have to push the bottom part of the wire a bit inwards for the clicking play/pause button to work. don't know how this affects voice calls, as no one seems to enjoy calling me while i'm using the phone as an ipod :(

stupid headphones, man. i mean, they lasted all of 2 months. where do i go to get them replaced? i don't return to a town with an apple store for another month or so (my college town, while accomodating roughly 35,000 students, does not have an apple store within decent driving distance).

do i just walk in the store and bitch to someone, or is there another route?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.