iPhone headphones

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Bernie-Mac, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

Hey are there any aftermarket headsets you guys would recommend? I was going to buy those V-MODA ones in the Apple store for $100 but they dont have the clicking feature the stock headsets do and thats a big factor for me, are there any headsets that have that feature? Thanks.

2. NightStorm macrumors 68000

I've seen posts stating that the good headphone manufacturers should be releasing iPhone-compatible headsets with all of the features of the stock pair very soon, but I haven't been able to find any concrete information on them yet. Hopefully soon; I'd like to use my $100 credit towards a good pair.

3. Scottyk9 macrumors 6502a

4. calvy macrumors 65816

or make them yourself:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLzs5aHv3jI

I don't care of the Shure cable option because that's just too damn much cable for me. I don't care what kind of cable management system is included, I don't have time to manage cable. I'd rather it just not be there.

Hopefully the other poster was correct who said better quality manufacturers would be out with products soon. I was about to go looking for the new v-moda's that do have a button. Those are supposedly out now I think.

5. Bernie-Mac thread starter macrumors 65816

With the microphone in the extender thing it says you can click to answer and end calls but can you also click to change songs when your listening to the ipod? Also, hows the bass on those headphones?

6. dfnj123 macrumors 6502

The shure work fine if you use them with a shure SE series headphone. The SE's come in 2 parts... you just replace the cable end that plugs into the headphone jack with the music adapter... NOT TOO MUCH CABLE AT ALL...

(I just needed to say this because non of the pic on the internet show this)

7. dfnj123 macrumors 6502

when I said got it with my credit today... I meant bought the headphones at and apple store and got the adapter online :p (should come in a few days)

8. Bernie-Mac thread starter macrumors 65816

Oh my bad i didnt read that part lol, but so you do have the headphones right? have you tried them? Is the bass good?

9. dfnj123 macrumors 6502

no... it fine... I didn't make it clear in the first place...

10. Bernie-Mac thread starter macrumors 65816

11. dfnj123 macrumors 6502

12. Bernie-Mac thread starter macrumors 65816

13. Gonzlobo Suspended

You would think there would be more after market headphones for such a successful product. Frankly, I'm disappointed with the selection.

14. dfnj123 macrumors 6502

shure... if you wanted to...

15. targetmarket macrumors newbie

http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/fullmetaljacket-p-30.html?zenid=69aa8e55d0ee37a51b8e41997a425ed0

Just got a set of the 9MM's today. If your looking for sound - Killer to put it in a word. I can only imagine what the 11MM would sound like....

I grabbed a set of Sure headsets and brought them back the same day. It was a set that had the in line speaker. Aside from the sound being even worse than stock headsets. My guess is that the Skull Candy FMJ's would not be easily modified to work with the stock Apple headset clicky deal. Yet you can modify the housing above the plug by sanding it down slightly and the jack will fit the goofy iPod output without an adaptor! When a call comes in, you could answer the phone, talk into the phone and hear through the headphones. You then could easily swith to bluetooth, or simply unplug the headphones and talk directly in the phone. Both are viable solutions for being interupted while jamming to your favorites to simply answer a call. The act being a small price to pay for such big sound. The inline features on the stock Apple headphones simply does not outweigh poor fit and sound quality. Afterall this is a phone and an Ipod... What don't you get?

To address controlling volume and skipping forward, backward, and fast forwarding, I found one of these at Radio Shack on sale for $20.

http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=3714

Granted I probably found a clearance sale and it does not solve answering the phone remotely. As for that... just deal with it!

You could opt to sit around and wait for the perfect offering to spend that rebate on. Once you get it in hand it won't be long before it too is outdated. Yes I bought my iPod early and was sucked into Apple's market scheme. Who cares? $100 to jump on the techo wagon. Whopdy do. Compared to my last bill from my attorney this is a minor expense to be exposed to such cool technology.

Do yourself a favor and start using that little bit of technology burried within your iPhone by buying a set of these FMJ's by Skull Candy. They are cheap. Go for the 11MM. It's only $20 more and if it is no better then what I have in my head now a small price to pay to play with this technology. You will not be dissapointed.

Cheers -

16. Gonzlobo Suspended