iPhone headphones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Telp, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Just recently I have noticed that the button on the headphones stops working sometimes. Sometimes it works. Then it starts to not work, and then it just stops working. Do you think apple would give me a new pair? Its really annoying. Thanks.

2. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I think I had that problem a few times in the 6 months I have been using them. Just unplug and plug them back in, always works for me.

I like the Apple headphones , they are all I have ever used with my iPhone/iPods.

3. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

I like the idea behind the iPhone headphones, but I wish Apple made an "in-ear" version of them too.

As for the button, it's always worked beautifully for me.

4. brinycbri macrumors 6502a

warranty covers the headphones, mine broke and i sent mine in and received a new pair back

5. Telp thread starter macrumors 68040

Telp

I did and it doesnt always work. I have never used anything but apple headphones with my apple products, however I think I want to take them in an get the replaced because I love the way they work. Thanks all.

6. jeffmc macrumors 6502

stroll into an Apple Store and they'll swap em out as long as they haven't been stepped on or anything!

7. Telp thread starter macrumors 68040

Telp

Nope. =] I treat them with the same respect that i give to any other apple product. =]

8. stekerrod macrumors regular

i've had that button problem but like said just unplugging them and reconnecting them sorts it out!

9. Telp thread starter macrumors 68040

Telp

I've tried that. It works every now and then, but overall, it doesn't seem to help.

10. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Just tell Apple it won't work, and they will freely swap out your headphones. Just call, you don't even have to go in the store, they mail them to you and you send your current ones in.

11. Rotatedline macrumors newbie

What if the headphones just sound extremely tinny and poor; do you think they would replace them?

12. mole1066 macrumors newbie

Mic/Button not working

I also had an issue where the mic/button stopped working. As posted on a different. Power off the iPhone, then use a paper lip to clean out the headphone socket. I managed to get a load of lint out which miraculously fixed the issue

13. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

Second on the in ear style. I tried the supplied headphones (for phone calls only!) for about 3 minutes. My ears were killing me from them. They just are so awkward.

14. MooneyFlyer macrumors 65816

MooneyFlyer

Another set of broken earphones

I am pretty sick of these things. I'm through my third set now. My first ones I legitimately wore out from too much use traveling and being in my bag. So, I picked up an another set -- the button broke in the first 6 months. The Apple store people told me no warranty on these. So, I got another pair -- which promptly broke yesterday after just about 1.5 months.