iPhone Headphones

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Doju, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Doju macrumors 68000

Lost the ones that came with it. >_<

What are another pair of good iPhone headphones? I'm willing to pay ~$150, and want superb sound quality, but at the same time *NEED* it to have pause, next song, etc. controls (not necessarily volume) for it, otherwise I won't buy it.

Should I wait for the new Apple In Ear + Mic and hope they work for iPhone? Or are there already better ones out?

Recommend please.

2. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I just bought a pair of Sennheiser MM50 IP headphones and they have superb sound quality--they are light years ahead of the headset that came with the iphone. I'm not an audiophile but they're the best headphones I've ever had so far.

They seem to be relatively new and the reviews on Apple are 5 stars so far. They include a push to talk mic that has the same functionality as the headset that you lost. They are $99. No volume controls though.

3. Doju thread starter macrumors 68000

So it has double tap for next song, tap to pause, triple tap to go previous? :D

Anymore suggestions?

4. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Yep. I believe that any headphones/headsets with a button on the microphone pendant will have that functionality.

5. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

6. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Shure IEMs and Shure MPA - all the features of the iPhone earphones with noise isolation and better Sound and Mic Quality...

7. doodads macrumors 6502

doodads

I went to the Apple store today looking for a pair of Sennheiser MM50 IP headphones. The guy at the store told me that they only stocked Apple headphones and nothing else. I asked him when the new Apple headphones were going to be available. He said that he knew nothing about them, and would know nothing about them until the day they arrived. He was an idiot. I told him that since they show up in the Apple website, I thought that he might know something about them.

Then I talked to a woman working there, and she told me that they do sell other brands of headphones, but they keep them in the back of the store, not on display. She went and looked in the back and they didn't have any Sennhiesers.

So I came home and ordered a pair from Amazon. On the site, Bill Me Later had a special for $10 off, so I used them and ended up paying $89. I should get them in a week.

8. soccerb12ku macrumors member

those headphones are only $50 now on amazon...email/call them and you can get a refund to the discounted price

9. mattwolrad macrumors newbie

Where do you see $50

I just went to Amazon and I see $99.95, where did you see $50.00:eek:

10. pro3g macrumors member

I have the skull candy FMJ for the iphone they are great they look good have really good sound quality nice bass and are the best for the price they cost 79.99 and are a great deal!

www.skullcandy.com is where I got them.

11. Doju thread starter macrumors 68000

Ordered them and sennheiser pm70x from Apple.ca. Two-three weeks to ship. >_________<

12. SnakeD77 macrumors newbie

SnakeD77

13. doodads macrumors 6502

doodads

14. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=571781

hands down best bang for the buck is to modify the current iphone wired headset