iPhone headphones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thisisarcadia, May 10, 2009.

1. thisisarcadia macrumors 6502

Do the headphones that come with the phone under warranty? and if you need them to be replaced how can they tell if they are less than a year old? Because i have some that are starting to give out but the cosmetics of the headphones are real dirty and the rubber around the phone is starting to peel off!

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

As long as the malfunction is not due to physical damage, such as accidental abuse, the headphones are covered under the one year limited warranty or under AppleCare for a second year. Regarding how they can tell if they are over a year old, I have not got a clue.

3. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

Apparently yes they do. My guess is that as long as you have you're iPhone on you, they can't really say no?

4. alchemistmuffin macrumors 6502

Yes, as long as you have your iPhone working, it's covered by warrenty.

But my suggestion, BUY A NEW HEADPHONE! The Stock Earbuds SUCKS BAD!

5. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

^^^

I second that 'stump' up a bit more cash and go for the in ear if you want to stay apple.

6. thisisarcadia thread starter macrumors 6502

well i called apple though and the new in ear headphones features such as pause play skip and go back arent compatible with the iphone 3g. So would it really be that worth it to buy if that didnt work, or are there any blutooth headphones that have a microphone, and play pause and skip feature on them! i am using 3.0 btw so my bluetooth somewhat works

7. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

They are not officially compatible but people have been saying in reviews that play, pause etc work, the only thing which doesn't work is volume up and down which is not really a problem for the iPhone due to the volume buttons on the side.