iPhone headset extension cable - NOT ADAPTOR

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mavrik1621, Nov 24, 2009.

1. mavrik1621 macrumors newbie

Hey! New to this forum and I have been having a hell of a time trying to find this cable online.

I am using this in my car.

[​IMG]

I have run one end into the iPhone and the other into my Aux port on my car.

The problem is...the cable is just too short! All I'm looking for is a Male to Female 3.5mm extension cable that also carries the microphone signal (3rd band) through the cable! (to extend the jack shown in this picture)

Please advise. I'll buy it today!!

2. mavrik1621 thread starter macrumors newbie

essentially, that's what this Monster Cable already is. Has a built-in mic, and answer button.

Pretend like the end shown in this picture on the Shure MPA isn't long enough. I'm just looking to extend the cable.

[​IMG]

3. skip2 macrumors member

What's the current situation with these extension cables? I'd love to get a 4 conductor 3,5 mm headphone jack extension cable for my iPhone as all the available headphones with buttons and mic have a cable which is too short. Even the Apple in-ear headphones cable is a bit too short for me when wearing loose pants with deep pockets and the cable on the Apple in-ears is apparently longer than on most in-ear headphones.

I'd also like to get a longer extension cable to use in the car, because my car speakers are terrible and my car makes a hell of a noise, so i'd rather listen with my headphones and the iPhone handling the navigation and music playback on the dashboard. But the Apple in-ear headphones cord is meters too short for this and if I get a normal 3,5 mm extension cable I will lose the mic and buttons, so that's not really an option.

So if anyone has got any links to some pages where different length 4 conductor 3,5 mm headphone jack extension cables can be found, I'm all ears.
    :)

4. Badfoot macrumors 6502

5. ygorygor macrumors newbie

Anyone successfully used this product ? I got a cable from eBay. The connectors look OK, the sound works, the mic works, but the remote does NOT. :mad:

6. lokerd macrumors 6502a

lokerd

Has anybody found anything for this solution? I want to put a wired mic about 6-8 ft away from the iphone.

Thanks!!

7. scottylans macrumors regular

I am also in the market for something like this, for my PC actually (yes, it has a headSET socket, not headphone) - but I don't want it split in to 2 different units - just the one passthrough.

Anyone seen anything like it?

8. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Maybe something like this with an extension??

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H0915VC/A?fnode=MTY1NDAzOQ&p=1

You probably can just split the cables and make you one. It's not that hard to do. What I find now makes no sense... pre iPhone/iPod you could find these cables for little or nothing.

9. scottylans macrumors regular

10. jace88 macrumors regular

jace88

I'm also looking for a cable or plug which will allow my remote/mic to work. I recently bought the Speck Candyshell View case which is great at protecting my 4S, however my Beats headphones with ControlTalk remote (i.e. essentially the same as remote/mic from normal Apple earbuds) has an L shaped connector which won't fit. I'm thinking if I get an adaptor or extension cable, I'll be able to use it as normal.

I wonder if a standard 3.5mm adaptor would like this > http://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Stereo-Headset-Extended-Adapter/dp/B000WKS8QG/ref=pd_cp_e_1

Any thoughts?