Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Hey all,

When I bought my MBP (Late 2011 15") I read in the tech specs that it supports the iPhone headset.
Now, I plugged in my iPhone headset and went on FaceTime, the remotes work, I was able to pause/play, skip on iTunes, but the mic doesn't work... The person on the other side couldnt hear me. Is that by design? Or is there a setting I'm missing.. I plugged it in to the port closest to me, and went on sound settings and chose line in.

what am I missing?

Thanks guys!

iMacDragon

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2008
UK
Hey all,

When I bought my MBP (Late 2011 15") I read in the tech specs that it supports the iPhone headset.
Now, I plugged in my iPhone headset and went on FaceTime, the remotes work, I was able to pause/play, skip on iTunes, but the mic doesn't work... The person on the other side couldnt hear me. Is that by design? Or is there a setting I'm missing.. I plugged it in to the port closest to me, and went on sound settings and chose line in.

what am I missing?

Thanks guys!

It's not line in. I believe it switches the microphone input from internal microphone to headset microphone.

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
You can fix this by going to Sys Preferences and click on Sound. Then click on input and update accordingly.

kfergiez

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2010
Don't use the headset as a line-in device. Just plug it in like a normal set of earbuds, and it will automatically use the in-line mic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.