iPhone heating up!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by YoungCreative, Mar 21, 2008.

1. YoungCreative macrumors member

YoungCreative

I was sitting at dinner the tonight and all of the sudden I felt heat from my iPhone. It wasn't even in use, yet it was getting very warm, almost hot, to the touch! Not only that, but my battery had dropped to 50% in only two hours since a full charge! :eek:

This is the second time that this has occurred in the past two months. Once with 1.1.3 and now with 1.1.4. Has anyone else been experiencing this same problem?

I have seen some threads with mention of lower battery life and one post saying that the phone was warmer than usual, so I thought I would dedicate a thread specifically to this anomaly.

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Not really an anomaly...

if you've put your iPhone on auto-lock for longer than 3 minutes your iPhone will heat up rather fast and take up a whole bunch of battery. Also, if your website browsing involves webpages with FLASH, once again your iPhone will definitely heat up. And finally, if you are using maps and your auto-lock is on longer than 3 minutes, you'll feel the rise in temperature almost immediately. :cool:

3. chewbaccapits macrumors 6502a

chewbaccapits

Is it possible to state where your info comes from? Don't mean to sound like a jerk..I just want to make sure it is based on some truth...

4. YoungCreative thread starter macrumors member

YoungCreative

My auto lock is set for 2 minutes and I wasn't doing anything with it before it started heating up. I did a reset and then powered down for 15 minutes. It was fine after that, but my battery life had dropped to about 30%.