Iphone help asap

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by koopn, Oct 4, 2011.

1. koopn macrumors newbie

i updated my ios to ios5 beta 5 and then i tried to downgrade and now i am stuck at the plug into itunes screen. i tried putting into DFU i tried using tinyumbrella, i tried using limerain, i tried redsn0w and it all bring me back to the plug into itunes screen. i get the error 3194 every time. i need all the help i can get, thanks
    ps sometimes i get error 20

2. rpungello macrumors member

This is why Apple tells you not to install iOS betas unless you're a developer.

As for restoring to 4.x, are you sure you got DFU mode right? From what I understand, that method works for reverting from 5.0 to 4.x.
    Haven't personally tried it though, because I like having iOS 5 on my iPad 2 (especially for testing Xcode 4.2 apps).
    Could be wrong on that though, and if so, well, you were warned (by Apple) not to upgrade your daily device(s) to the iOS 5 beta, and that you wouldn't be able to go back.

3. koopn thread starter macrumors newbie

if i wait until the official io5 release date , will i be able to revert it?

4. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

I have had this problem when I upgraded to iOS 5. I successfully have downgraded back to iOS 4. You need to put it in DFU, if you have an iPhone 4, the screen will be completely BLACK.

Then plug it in and run the restore. It may take a few tries so be impatient.