iphone help please

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ruttenit, Jan 10, 2011.

1. ruttenit macrumors newbie

I bought an iphone 3gs with 3.2.1 I believe on it. I used spirit to jailbreak it I had all kinds of problems with errors and stuff. I tried for about 3 hours to download redsn0w and others to my computer(S) and spirit was the ony one that would load. This morning my wife restored my iphone so we can redownload and rejailbreak it. We was hoping that this would take care of the errors. When she restored the iphone it deleted everything off (no biggy) and it is now 4.2.1. We have been trying to load a jailbreak for this version. Apparently there is not a jailbreak for 4.2.1. We then tried to downgrade our software back to the 3.1.3. This did not work either we have spent 6 or 7 hours trying different places to download something. We have watched about 25 videos on youtube fallowing every step to the T and nothing ever works like the videos. We are stuck. Where do we go from here? We have even paid a cuple sites for the stuff and nothing. Does anyone have a program that the might be able to email me or tell me where to go that works?

Thanks alot for any help
    Rick

2. ruttenit, Jan 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2011

ruttenit thread starter macrumors newbie

I forgot to mention that I am using windows xp and also vista, I have been trying this on a 3 different computers. Thanks again

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

I wouldn't list your email I think they are working on a windows version if you don't have access to a Mac you should be able to find somebody on Craigslist that will do it under $20 you can also check into Sn0wbreeze but I don't recommend his tools. also if you haven't be sure to hit the make it easy option in Cydia to save your blobs.

4. ruttenit thread starter macrumors newbie

I looked at both you sites and this first one gives great directions but no link to download redsm0w for windows only mac. The second like gives a link for redsn0w but I get the same message that I get from the last 50 sites GOOGLE sites that I have been on. "Page not found
    We're sorry, but we were unable to locate the page you requested. " this is what i always get

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

I said they are working one Redsn0w for windows honestly haven't fallowed it much. I run Windows and Mac so I use what ever I need the other site is http://ih8sn0w.com/index.php/welcome.snow but I just checked he is only up to 4.0 right now. best option is finding somebody on cragslist to do it. staythere while they do it. $20 should be the max they charge for there service.

6. ruttenit thread starter macrumors newbie

Can I go from 4.2.1 to 4.0 or 3.1.3 or somthing or am I stuck on 4.2.1?

7. lapocompris macrumors regular

Since it's a used phone, you can check its history with TinyUmbrella. You may get lucky because one of the previous owners has saved SHSH blobs. Otherwise, you are stuck on 4.2.1

8. ruttenit thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I tried that and its not there just the 4.2.1. If I get somone with a mac will it be easier? I have a friend that has one that can bring it by. While she is there and I can use it what is the best problem free way to jailbreak it?

Thanks

9. noiceT macrumors 6502a

Go to the dev team site:

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

Look for the second post called "thanksgiving with apple"

At the absolute bottom of the page is a link for OSX and Windows. Click Windows.