Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sgdsuy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2011
Ok so i'm in a bit of trouble now. i was given a jailbroken iphone 3g from my dad. now, my sister accidentally connected it to itunes and tried to restore it. then i got an error 1015. now it is "permanently" in restore mode. every time i connect it to itunes it says that it is in restore mode. whenever i try to restore it i get the same error 1015. i have tried many different pieces of software like tinyumbrella to kick it out of recovery mode but it doesnt work. it just stays on the same screen with the usb connecting to itunes logo. i have no idea what to do and im just stuck on that same screen. is there anything i can do to make it run like a normal jailbroken iphone?

sgdsuy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2011
Tried it but it doesn't work. It reboots but goes back to the screen with the usb cable and the itunes logo. :(

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Using TinyUmbrella or RecBoot doesn't kick it back to the homescreen, it only kicks it out of recovery so you can restore properly.

sgdsuy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2011
Thanks for helping anyway. I really appreciate it.

----------

By the way, when I pressed exit recovery on recboot, almost immediately it said "no device connected". Once it went back to the "connect to itunes image" then it said "recovery device connected". Is that normal because I would have thought that if it was kicked out of recovery mode then it shouldn't be saying that.

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
If you have a 3G, you can install 3.1.2. Install that then d/l tiny umbrella and find out what blobs you have. Whatever blobs you have in cydia, you can install that software with tiny umbrella's help.

FYI, your sister can't accidentally update. It's a process that takes at least 30-60 minutes. Your sister was pissed at you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.