iPhone Help. Tho a bit confusing.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by onceonce, Mar 29, 2011.

1. onceonce, Mar 29, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2011

onceonce macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I want to start of saying that my grammar is very horrible and please bear with what I say. Thanks.

*ISSUE* My iPhone is in need of restoring. I was able to get it into recovery mode. Then I did the steps where you plug it in the computer, open up ITunes, and so on. Nearing the end of the Update and Restore Proccess an error message pops up onto my window.
    It read somewhat like this " an unknown error has occured. IPhone could not update & restore "

So is there something Im missing for the restore Proccess?
    I did this nearly 9 times and still I get the same message.
    I called up Apple and as always they say I have to buy something for them to move on forward with my issue... So obviously that didn't help.
    Any suggestion/help?
    My dad is coming back home on April 3rd and I want to fix my phone before he finds out.
    Please is there a solution to this?

Info - the iPhone is stuck on the recovery icon.
    iPhone: 32Gb
    I think it was around 3.0 or something
    And it was jailbroken before.
    Carrier: T-Mobile
    My brother also have an I phone and his is still perfectly one after 1 year.
    Also his is also jailbroken.
    & I never download games on the iPhone.
    Just text and Call..
    It broke when I went home sick from school and so I charged it and put it under my pillow. When I woke up it was hot and it said "need to be restored."
    Then I click on info option and it says
    Unknown IMEI & ICCID

-I'm not sure what firmware it was- never bothered to check....

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

People in this forum can't give you any advice unless you can specify the following;

1. Which phone do you have?
    2. What firmware was on the phone before you had this issue?
    3. Was the phone unlocked previously? If so, do you know if it has an iPad baseband on it?

3. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

What did they say you had to "buy" from them? I've never heard of anything like that.

4. onceonce thread starter macrumors newbie

This protection plan I think. A Warranty plan? For 29.99 but I don't have the cash.

5. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Sorry, realized that was probably it after I posted. You're still under warranty for in store support, just out of warranty for telephone support (ends after 90 days). Just take it to a store.

6. onceonce thread starter macrumors newbie

I had the iPhone More than 90 days... Actually more than 4 months. Broke during the forth month. So can I still bring it up to an apple store?

7. Interstella5555, Mar 29, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2011

Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

As I said, you're still under in store warranty (lasts for a year) and you can buy Applecare any time within that year to extend the warranty, which give you 2 years of support over the phone and in store.

Wait, just reread your post, you had it under your pillow all night? I mean, it could have over heated, but that would be weird, why did you do that?

8. onceonce thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, and I didn't have it under my pillow over night it was the day time.
    I was sick and very sore & so I went to sleep. Tho it was only about 2 hours max? I can say that it heated up real bad. It was hot.

Still anyway I can fix it thru computer.
    I'm only 14& I only have an instructorpermit....
    No one else knows my phone is broken.