iphone help, two issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cookiemonstah, Jul 9, 2012.

1. cookiemonstah macrumors newbie

Hi guys, the volume on my iphone 4 is broken i think. The volume icon constantly remains on my home screen and whenever i try to increase or decrease the volume on my ringer, the sound will decrease itself again. Also pressing the volume buttons on the side does nothing, they don't even work. I've tried resetting the phone, turning it on and off and anything i can think of with no results. I would take the phone to the Apple genius store however a few months back, i dropped my phone so the back is cracked. I'm worried if i bring the phone into apple, the cracked back will void the warranty despite the volume problem being unrelated to the fact the back is cracked (i think). Is it a good idea to get the backing fixed and then try resolve the volume issue? I'm not sure what to do so any help would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

2. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

It could be a hardware issue that you need to take it to Apple for, but just to be sure...

Have you done a hard reset (power and home together until the phone reboots)? Have you tried restoring firmware via iTunes? Have you tried to reboot while holding volume up (safe mode reboot)?

3. cookiemonstah thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep, I've tried resetting the phone with the lock button and home screen, I've reset my phone settings and restored it from backup and also tried updating to the latest ios but the volume issue still remains. I'm fairly certain I need to bring it into apple, i'm just worried whether the cracked back will be an issue :confused: