iPhone help.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MacNitty, Jan 17, 2013.

1. MacNitty macrumors newbie

Help. I decided to swap the home button on my iPhone 4 myself. I followed the youtube link below pretty much to the T, pausing to complete each task. Things went pretty smoothly, besides possibly forgetting screw placement. However my problem is now I have a blue screen, iPhone doesn't turn on.....or it turns on to dark/navy blue and I can't see anything on the screen. I suspect it has something to do with display but I'm lost.

Does anyone had any ideas of what I can do to correct it? Possible I didn't connect something properly? I screwed up royally? Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z2fBsEG4W4

2. MacNitty thread starter macrumors newbie

Where does the logic board's rubber protector go? Or where is it located? Is it possible that I damaged the display cable and now screen needs to be replace?

Everything appears to be connected properly. Phone appears to power on, able to receive text msg and calls.

3. MacNitty thread starter macrumors newbie

Bump. Does anyone have any ideas? I disassembled and re-assembled my iPhone 4, but all I get is a dark/navy blue screen. It does appear everything is connected properly. Is the phone virtually un-usable without replacing screen.

4. Greencardman macrumors 6502

This is weird, all my posts seem to have been deleted.

The logic board rubber bumper goes at the top of the logic board where the display cables bend around from underneath the board. You can see it in Step 18 as a tiny black strip across the top of the board.

Can you tell if your digitizer is working? It is possible to swipe and unlock the phone? That would let you narrow down the problem. I'm guessing its either a connector problem or you pinched the cables and will have to replace the screen. Did you clean the connectors of both cables off?