iphone help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Flakey, May 25, 2014.

1. Flakey macrumors newbie

So here's my prob. I have an iphone 5 that i purchased a year and a half ago. At the time I was living and working in Ontario. I bought the phone and my boss activated it on the company plan with a contract. Now we dont get along anymore and I decided to activate the phone as a pay-as-you-go. When i purchased a sim card and tried activate it says the phone is linked to another account. upon contacting my boss and asked him to remove the phone from his account, he refused.
    So is there a way around this that would allow me to get this phone activated?

cheers
    flakey

2. 617aircav Suspended

I don't understand how the phone is linked to another account? Once you put in a network compatible SIM card it should work as normal.

3. Flakey thread starter macrumors newbie

Phone was with Bell, so i got a pay as you go Bell sim and when I called to activate sim the agent told me he couldnt do it because phone is linked to another account.

4. 617aircav Suspended

Gotcha. Well only the person that owns the account can help you.

5. Crichton333 macrumors 6502

Crichton333

If I understand correctly you are trying to activate a new SIM with the same network you had before and they say no go. Why not buy a SIM of another network ?

6. Flakey thread starter macrumors newbie

I just assumed because the phone was through Bell that I had to use a bell sim????

7. 617aircav Suspended

Yes you do, unless the phone is unlocked which I doubt since its on a contract.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I dont get it at all.
    Is bell a GSM or CDMA carrier?
    And why cant you just take out the sim and put another sim from the same carrier and use it?
    Linked to another account?
    Is it activation locked by any chance? Is it asking for his apple ID and password?

9. Flakey, May 26, 2014
    Last edited: May 26, 2014

Flakey thread starter macrumors newbie

so if I get the phone unlocked everything should be fine.

And also how do I go about unlocking.

cheers

10. hungx macrumors 6502

hungx

I believe Bell is mostly a GSM network. You should be able to just pop in another SIM in the iPhone without any issues. It seems like they need an IMEI of a phone to activate service on the network. Just use another phone for activation, and then put the SIM back into the iPhone.