iPhone help!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Patriks7, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

So, I just got home about one hour ago and just took out my iPhone to check something, when I notice it was pretty warm to the touch. I take it out of the case to see the Apple logo on the front screen and vibrating once in a while, as if it was turning on. So I plug it into my computer. After about 2 minutes, nothing happened. I then look into iTunes and it was frozen! No matter what I try, nothing helps :(
    Any suggestions?

2. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

Turn it off, let it cool down for 12 or 24 hours. If that doesn't work, take it back to the shop.

3. Patriks7 thread starter macrumors 65816

Patriks7

OK I'll try that. Hopefully it'll work.
    Is there any way to restore it without iTunes? Like by pressing some buttons? Or any safe mode?

4. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I've had it not stop vibrating before and all I did was hold down power and home until it rebooted. Problem solved.

By the way, I've had this problem with every cell phone I've owned. Literally.

5. WPB2 macrumors 6502a

WPB2

Hold the home button+Lock button for 7 seconds. Your iPhone will perform a hard reboot. Then you should be able to restore in iTunes. Just click restore on the summary page. BTW you should click "setup as new iPhone" once you restore. If there are any errors iTunes will sync those back to the iPhone. This has happened to me before.

6. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

If none of the advice above works then you can try a hard restore. By powering off the iPhone by holding home and power button until the screen goes black and then holding the home button while you connect to iTunes. This forces a restore and fixes 99% of locked iPhones.

David

7. Patriks7 thread starter macrumors 65816

Patriks7

I tried everything, but nothing worked :( When I use your method it just freezes my iTunes that I have to force quit it. I'll try connecting it do a different machine once I get the chance. Might work.

8. Patriks7 thread starter macrumors 65816

Patriks7

OK, so I have finally managed to get it into recovery mode. But it asks me to update to 2.2.1 and I don't want to do that. I downloaded the 2.2 firmware, but there is nothing to choose that will install it :( Help anyone?

9. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

I think you hold down the option key on a Mac and when you click Restore it lets you browse for your 2.2 firmware file

10. Patriks7 thread starter macrumors 65816

Patriks7

Yes I did that, but there is nothing to open in the file. I downloaded it as a zip, unzipped it, but in iTunes when I open the folder there is nothing to open :(

11. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

Is it an IPSW file?

David

12. Patriks7 thread starter macrumors 65816

Patriks7

It's a folder that ends in .ipsw.
    I'm really confused about that :confused:
    Could anyone give me a link to one that could work?
    Thanks

13. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000