Iphone help.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jawidafg, Apr 15, 2010.

1. jawidafg macrumors newbie

I found an iphone on the ground like 4months ago, the screen was all cracked, and recently i fixed the screen. And was wondering if i could get a SIM card from rogers, and get a pay as u go contract. I jailbroke it and unlocked it.

PS. How does pay as u go work, im new to cellphones and simcard an all

2. jawidafg thread starter macrumors newbie

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

So

any contact info on that phone history! I know the whole old finders keepers thing but one should at least try to find the phone owner! oh don't bump your own thread! either people can't help or don't want to,guessing the latter!

4. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

He's jailbroken it and unlocked it - wiping all data from it.

Personally, I would have handed it in, but hey, we're not all model citizens.

5. jawidafg thread starter macrumors newbie

The phone was like literary screwed, the whole front screen and back just didnt work at all, the sim card was removed to. I dont think the owner would just leave a iphone on the ground like that. & i wanted to contact someone but i couldn't even turn the iphone on :p

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Contact Rogers and find out about their Pay as you go plans.

7. jawidafg thread starter macrumors newbie

Don't they need the IMEI from the iphone?

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I doubt it since you can stick your sim to any phone you want but if they ask for it you know how to get it right?

9. jawidafg thread starter macrumors newbie

Wont they find out if the iphone is stolen/lost with the IMEI?

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Canadian providers just like US dont flag or care about lost or stolen cellphones.

11. jawidafg thread starter macrumors newbie

So i can just get a sim card and a plan, and noting will happen

12. jawidafg thread starter macrumors newbie

13. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Not sure, Im using AT&T.
    Contact rogers or go to their site for more details.

14. jawidafg thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks, i was just worried that rogers would take the iphone. :)thnks for ur help

15. doubleatheman macrumors 6502a

doubleatheman

Having my smart phone stolen in the past, I feel sorry for whom lost it. (My windows mobile phone.)

But in all honesty I would not have gotten the iPhone if my Windows phone was not stolen.....

Skip the below if you dislike OT blabber....

My windows phone was like 3 months old when it was stolen and the iPhone was litterly announced like 2 days after it was stolen, my jaw dropped and I said... thanks you theif! I get an iPhone now and I don't have to feel guilty for buying it. I was stuck on a stupid brick phone for 7 months though... Going from any smart phone to a Nokia brick phone is hard...

Although they did get all of my contact info and make $700 of calls to mexico. And the phone was down at the border within 6 hours of being stolen (It was air shipped, obviouly) (They left the phone on and att kept telling me it was down at the border, lol) (att refunded the $700 of calls) ( I did not deactivate the phone immediately because att said they were making calls to Texas initially.) (I had a X friend at the time whom said he was going to run away to Texas, to see some family his parents were refusing to let him. I was sure he had stolen my phone, this was not the case though.)