iPhone helping to save/make money?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by biztechie, Jan 18, 2010.

1. biztechie macrumors newbie

I'm considering getting an iPhone for personal and business use. I was wondering if anyone has done a cost/benefit analysis of the phone or has seen any posts or articles of one?

Right now I'm on Sprint with a blackberry, it's a phone and an expense, doesn't save me much money. I've had the opportunity to play with the iPhone of a friend and my iPod touch, I can see apps like "cheap gas", location based to-do lists, traffic alerts/navigation saving me money. The coupon app and barecode scanner app would also be fantastic.

So has anyone found the iPhone to be saving them much money instead of being a money drain to at&t?

Really appreciate your responses!

2. Clete2 macrumors 65816

Clete2

I think my iPhone saves me more time than money.

I definitely save money, but not $30 / month. It doesn't justify the data plan.

3. andylyon macrumors 6502a

andylyon

Definately. Not to cover the £35 a month I pay but it saved me quite a bit this weekend alone when visiting London. I would usually use the Tube in London (or the equivilent of the Tube in any other big city), but I found using the Maps app, I walked a lot of places using the direections from my iPhone. Thus saved the money on a tube ticket or day pass.

Just my thought..

AnDy

4. Hyr macrumors member

Hyr

I'm currently with Verizon on a BIS plan. Switching to AT&T and the iPhone will save me $20 off my monthly bill.

I have always wanted an iPhone but never enough to leave VZ. After finding out how much of a rip-off VZ is I'm planning to make the move once the 4G is released.

I'm excited for the apps, and while I highly doubt they will save me money. They will save me time. My time is as good as money to me.